Radware Alteon public template
Alteon Virtual Appliance (VA) is a fully-featured Alteon Application Switch packaged as a virtual appliance. Alteon VA runs on server virtualization infrastructure, providing identical functionality to Alteon physical ADC devices. Its features include local and global server load balancing, Layer 7 capabilities and application acceleration. A free, fully licensed version is built in to the Radware Alteon 22.214.171.124 template.
- Alteon VA is a free, fully featured virtual server load balancer supporting up to 1Mbps of throughput. Additional specifications can be found here.
- Licensed up to 1G of throughput
- Same functionality, version and command line as physical Radware/Alteon load balancers, allowing for easy migration from Skytap development to a Radware hardware based platform
The Public Template contains the following VMs:
- 1 VM running a fully-licensed copy of Radware Alteon VA version 126.96.36.199
- 2 Linux web servers, named “Application 1” and “Application 2”
- 1 Linux Desktop for Alteon management
The Radware Alteon public template is preconfigured with the necessary ruleset to perform secure round-robin load balancing between ‘Application 1’ and ‘Application 2’. Any VM can be substituted for the provided Linux servers. To perform a load-balancing test, perform the following steps:
- From within the Skytap environment select Settings.
- Select VM Settings.
- Select Radware Alteon VM.
- On the Default Network, select Show Published Services.
- Copy the full URL and navigate through a local web browser.
- Observed behavior should be a splash screen for “App Server 1” refreshing your browser after a few seconds should automatically direct you to “App Server 2.”
Add additional application servers from the public templates, or substitute the existing Linux servers with your own custom servers.
A network diagram is as follows:
Installation Guide: Alteon VA Installation Guide