SharePoint 2013 Preview public template
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Preview is a web application platform designed to facilitate enterprise content management and collaboration amongst teams within an organization. The most common uses include running a company intranet portal; managing public websites; and storing and tracking documentation.
The Skytap Cloud SharePoint 2013 Preview public template contains a pre-configured SharePoint environment consisting of a VM running SharePoint 2013 Preview Team Foundation Server, and a Windows Active Directory server. Details on the contents, use cases, and startup steps can be found below.
- One (1) – Windows Server 2008 R2 VM web server running SharePoint 2013 Foundation Server Preview
- One (1) – Windows Server 2008 R2 VM configured as a Windows Active Directory Server
- Try out SharePoint 2013 to see new features and changes from SharePoint 2012
- Run your SharePoint sites and applications on SharePoint 2013 to test compatibility
The SharePoint Farm is ready to run as soon as it’s created from a template, so the startup steps are minimal:
- Run both VMs in the environment. They should take less than a minute to start up.
- Access the SharePoint 2013 Preview VM via the Secure Remote Access (SRA) browser client.
- Sign in to the SharePoint VM using the top-most set of credentials saved in the SharePoint VM. For instructions on accessing credentials, see How do I find the VM user name and password?.
- In the VM, open Internet Explorer, and it will navigate to a SharePoint administration page that will allow you to start creating and editing sites.
- The Microsoft Technet Site for SharePoint contains additional information for SharePoint 2013.
Support – As a Preview edition, SharePoint 2013 Preview is not supported by Microsoft.
Licensing – This configuration runs SharePoint 2013 Foundation Server Preview, a freely licensed preview version of SharePoint. We recommend that you input your own Windows Server licenses in all the VMs in this environment.