This guide provides information about how to build, run, and access your virtual environments. It also contains information about creating custom networks, automating VMs and environments, and managing your user account.
For information about additional tasks that administrators can perform, see the Administrator Guide.
Overview and getting started
- Skytap Cloud overview.
- Access requirements.
- Skytap Cloud quick start: Building your first environment.
- Managing your account settings, like password, email address, etc.
- Viewing your current usage and usage limits.
Create and use environments
- Create an environment from a template.
- Import VMs, LPARs, and vApps into Skytap Cloud.
- Build a VM from an ISO.
- Run and shut down VMs and environments.
- Access VMs (with your browser, SmartRDP, published services, and more).
- Find or edit usernames and passwords saved with the VM.
- Transfer files to and from a VM.
- Load an ISO file.
- Troubleshooting help.
- Save an environment as a template.
Edit VM and environment settings
- Copy VMs or add VMs from other environments or templates.
- Control the startup order of the VMs in an environment with VM sequencing.
- View and change VM network settings (like, private IP address, hostname, etc.).
- View and change VM hardware and SRA browser client settings.
- Schedule automatic start, stop, or suspend for an environment, or automatically save it as a template to create a backup.
- Automatically suspend an environment that isn’t being used.
- Enable or disable public Internet access.
- View and manage Docker containers.