Requesting Skytap environments from the ServiceNow service catalog
The following steps can be performed by a pre-sales engineer within ServiceNow.
To request a Skytap environment from the ServiceNow service catalog
- Sign into your ServiceNow instance.
- Navigate to Self-Service > Service Catalog.
- Select the Skytap Demo Catalog.
- Click the name of the template you want to request
Enter the following properties:
Field name Description Title Enter a name for this request. New Environment Name Enter a name for your Skytap environment. Owner Enter your Skytap account login name. Start Date Enter the date and time that the environment should be created. End Date Enter the date and time that the environment should be deleted. A default value may be provided, based on settings defined by the administrator.
Your administrator may require additional Label Category fields, like customer name or cost center. These fields are used to track usage information for this environment.
- Click Order Now.
After the request is processed:
- Skytap creates the environment at the specified start date and time.
- The ServiceNow system emails you a link to the new environment; this link is also added to the catalog request ticket. Click this link to sign in to Skytap and begin using the environment.
- Skytap deletes the environment at the end date and time.