Adding and sharing files with the Assets page
The Assets page is a web-based file repository that you can access from your computer and your Skytap VMs. It functions like a cloud storage drive. You can upload and download files from the Assets page, share files with other users through projects, and host ISOs for use in VMs.
Uploading files to the Assets page
To upload a new file to the Assets page
- Sign in to your Skytap account from either your computer or from your VM.
- Click Assets at the top of the page.
- Click the Upload Asset button. The Upload Assets page opens in a new browser tab.
- Use the Upload to menu to select the region(s) you want to upload your file to. If you select multiple regions, the Upload Assets page automatically creates separate upload jobs for each region.
Drag and drop your files into the Upload Assets page, or select your files from a directory by clicking Browse.
Asset upload restrictions
- You can upload up to 50 files at one time.
You can’t upload folders. Select each file within a folder that you want to upload.
If you attempt to upload a folder, you will receive the following error message: “One or more of the files you attempted to upload did not succeed. Learn more about uploading valid assets.”
- You cannot upload files if you do not have enough space in your storage limit for them. You can check your storage limit from your Skytap Cloud Dashboard.
Click Upload files.
Your files upload in the order they are listed. After your files are uploaded, they appear in your assets list.
- If you navigate away from the Upload Assets page, the file upload in progress is interrupted and the upload queue is cleared. If you later upload the same file, Skytap can resume the upload from the point at which it was interrupted.
- The Asset upload tool saves upload states between sessions, so if you pause your upload (or if your upload gets interrupted), you can resume it without any loss of progress.
- To force your files to upload at the same time rather than sequentially, you can click Force Start under each file that you want to begin uploading. Note that the upload speed is affected by the number of files you are simultaneously uploading.
Downloading files to a VM or local computer from the Assets page
The download process copies the asset file from the Assets page to a VM or to your local computer.
To download a file
Sign into your Skytap Cloud account from the machine where you want to download the file.
- If you want to download the file to your local computer, access Skytap from your local computer.
- If you want the file to reside on a VM, access Skytap from the VM.
- Click the Assets link.
- Use the search and filter options to locate the asset you want to download.
- Click Download next to the asset.
- Following the usual Save As dialog box conventions, place the file in a location of your choice.
Loading an ISO onto a VM
An ISO file saved on the Assets page can be directly loaded into a VM using the VM CD/DVD drive. For instructions, see Using ISO files.
Sharing assets with other Skytap Cloud users
Be default, your assets are only available to you. To share them with other Skytap Cloud users, add the assets to one or more projects.
For more information about how to create and use projects, see Sharing resources with projects
To add an asset to a project
- Upload the file to the Assets page (see Uploading files to the Assets page above).
- From the drop-down menu next to the file name, select Add to project(s).
- Select one or more project(s) to share the file with and then click the Save button.