The November 2018 release includes:
IBM i Technology Preview Program
We are now accepting nominations for the Skytap Cloud Technology Preview Program for IBM i. This is a first-to-market, public cloud capability available only from Skytap Cloud. We are seeking customers to work with us as we prepare to release this capability to market.
During technology preview access period, our goal is to work closely with organizations who are interested in moving their IBM i applications into the cloud. Program participants will provide direct feedback to Skytap Cloud product managers, help shape the product, test features of Skytap Cloud, and ensure that your IBM i application runs successfully in Skytap Cloud.
- September–October 2018 – Customer nominations.
- November 2018 – Customer kickoff & onboarding sessions begin.
- November 2018–January 2019 – Technology preview access period.
What Skytap Cloud will provide
- A preview program buddy for each customer.
- A weekly checkpoint call (30 min).
- Technical support & a private Slack channel for communications.
- Cloud resources and assistance moving IBM i applications into Skytap Cloud.
- A Skytap Cloud account for each participating company for the duration of the Technology Preview Program access period.
- A minimum of one IBM i application to be tested during the Technology Preview Program access period (must be IBM i 7.3).
- 1-2 resources for approximately 5-8 hours per week.
- Agreed schedule demonstrating shared progress through the Technology Preview Program.
- Willingness to provide quotable text and to act as a reference upon successful completion of the Technology Preview Program.
There is no cost for the customer to participate in this Technology Preview Program but participants must accept the program terms.
Submit your nomination here.
Course Manager is new standalone offering that is available as an add-on to a Skytap Cloud customer subscription. It provides an array of functionality for instructor-led Training, self-paced training, and sales demo delivery out of the box.
For more information about Course Manager by Skytap Cloud, see Course Manager by Skytap Cloud.
New Skytap Cloud Reporting page beta
Skytap Cloud has updated the Reporting page to provide a visual display of usage for your account.
Skytap Cloud administrators can now see current account usage or usage over time. Additionally, the new reporting page can be customized to display different report types, different platforms (if your account supports multiple platforms), and different usage types.
Administrators can view usage data from the Reporting page or export CSV reports for detailed analysis in external applications.
For more information about usage reports, see Viewing usage data.
Skytap Cloud Advanced Import Appliance updates
The Skytap Cloud Advanced Import Appliance has been updated to v0.4.1. This update includes Transfer estimation and the ability to completely reset all of the import lists.
Details are available for VMs before they’re queued for import, after they’re queued, and while the import process is active for the VM.
For more information about importing VMs with the Advanced Import Appliance, see Importing VMs using the Advanced Import Appliance.
Projects page updates
We’ve added search capabilities to the Users and Groups tabs of the Projects page.
For more information about managing projects, see Sharing resources with projects.
New Skytap Cloud public templates
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 Server - Firstboot
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 Desktop - Firstboot
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.10 Server - Firstboot
- CentOS 6.10 Server - Firstboot
- CentOS 6.10 Desktop - Firstboot
Skytap Cloud Tools
- Advanced Import Appliance 0.4.1 on Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS Desktop
- Docker 18.06.0-CE on Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS Desktop 64-bit - Firstboot
Highlights from recent releases
- Projects page updates
- VM details added to Advanced Import Appliance
- New VPN encryption algorithms
- Skytap Cloud Health Dashboard
- New US-East region: US-East-2