Requesting reserved capacity for Skytap on Azure
For example, if you have an x86 VM that runs constantly and consumes 64 GB Metered RAM A unit of measurement used to calculate VM usage, based on the amount of RAM (in GB) for a VM. To learn more, see How usage is calculated. with 500 GB of storage, you would request 64 GB RAM of x86 compute and 500 GB of Storage reserved capacity.
For a complete list of Skytap resources, see Usage metrics.
- Usage of any resource over and above your reservation is billed at standard, pay-as-you-go rates.
- Reserved capacity purchases are configured to automatically renew by default. At the end of the auto-renew billing cycle, your reservation will be recalculated at the current rate, which may differ from the rate when you first made the reservation.
To request a capacity reservation
Click Manage > Capacity purchases.
The Capacity purchases page displays, showing you any existing capacity reservations.
Click . The Reserved capacity request page displays.
The First name, Last name, SourceID, and EmailID are automatically filled with data from your Microsoft Azure account. You can’t change these values.
Type values for any combination of the following resources:
- x86 compute (GB RAM) – This is the amount of metered RAM for x86 The most common CPU architecture. x86 CPUs support Windows and Linux VMs in Skytap. VMs that you want to reserve for this region.
- Power compute (GB RAM) – This is the amount of Metered RAM for Power A CPU architecture that supports IBM i, AIX, and Linux (on Power) in Skytap. VMs that you want to reserve for this region.
- Storage (GB) – This is the amount of storage The amount of data storage space used by assets, environments, and templates. At the account level, this also includes the storage space used by any regional shared drives. that you want to reserve for this region.
Within any single region, the total of all reserved capacity purchases for any resource can’t exceed the Max Settable Limit for that resource.
Click to submit your request. Skytap will review your request and contact you to confirm the details.