Troubleshooting SRA error message 514
‘Upstream connection error. If this error appears again, close the browser and retry your SRA client session. (514)’
The SRA browser client could not connect to the VM.
Wait a few minutes and refresh your browser. If that doesn’t work, try the following steps:
- If you’re connecting to the VM over an RDP browser client session, and you have permission to edit the VM guest operating system:
- Switch the browser client connection type to Standard.
Show me how
- In the browser client toolbar, click .
- Select the Standard (no audio) connection type.
- Click Apply.
- Sign into the VM as an administrator.
- Verify the Remote Desktop settings in the guest operating system, and correct them if necessary.
If you have access to edit the VM in Skytap:
Try to refresh the VM network settings by disabling and re-enabling the VM network adapter.
If the problem is still unresolved, contact your instructor or administrator.
If you need to use the VM in the meantime, use the Standard connection type in the SRA browser client.