Adding lifecycle scripts to a course in Course Manager by Skytap
Use lifecycle scripts to allow Course Manager to execute a script in the Course Manager Script Host when a lab end user’s Skytap environment is provisioned or torn down.
You can add lifecycle scripts to a course if all of the following conditions are true:
Adding a lifecycle script to a course
To add a lifecycle script to a course
- From the Course Manager navigation bar, click Courses. The Courses page displays.
Click the Labs tab.
The term Lab in the Course Manager interface is configurable for your account and may be replaced by another term such as Demo.
- Click the name of the course that you want to edit. The details page for the course displays.
- On the course details page, click the Course actions drop-down menu, and then click Lifecycle scripts.
- (Optional) Set Enable provision script? to Yes to run a custom script when a lab environment is provisioned. The provision lifecycle script properties display.
- (Optional) Set Enable teardown script? to Yes to run a custom script when a lab environment is torn down. The teardown lifecycle script properties display.
- Configure the properties for each lifecycle script.
- Click Update lifecycle scripts. The details page for the course displays.
Lifecycle script properties
When you add a lifecycle script, configure its properties.
The script package that contains the script that should be executed when the lab environment is provisioned or torn down.
VMs to start before running the script
Select whether Course Manager should start only the Script Host VM or all the VMs in the environment before running the lifecycle script.
Select whether Course Manager should continue the environment provision or teardown process if the lifecycle script fails.
The number of seconds to wait before terminating the lifecycle script if it hasn’t yet completed.