Adding script packages to a course in Course Manager by Skytap
Scripts allow lab end users to perform automated tasks by clicking a Manual shortcut or lab action in the Learning Console. Script packages are hosted on the Course Manager Script Host VM in the lab end user’s Skytap environment and can’t be edited or viewed by the user.
- For more information about using script shortcuts and actions, see Using script shortcuts and actions.
- For more information about inserting a script shortcut in a Manual, see Inserting a script shortcut.
- For more information about adding lab actions to a course, see Adding lab actions to a course.
Creating a script package
Use one of Course Manager’s script templates to begin creating a script package. Course Manager supports scripts written in Bash, Node.js, Python, and Ruby.
Adding a script package to a course
To add a script package to a course
- From the Course Manager navigation bar, click Courses. The Courses page displays.
- Click the name of the course that you want to edit. The details page for the course displays.
- On the course details page, click the Course actions drop-down menu, and then click Scripts.
Either drag a script package into the Add Scripts box or click in the box to select a script package using the file browser. Then click Upload.
- A script package must be a ZIP file that follows the structure of a Course Manager script template.
- If a course contains more than one script package, each script package must have a unique name.