Customizing email messages for an event in Course Manager
You can use the default event email invitations defined on the Settings page, or you can customize the email invitations for your event.
To customize the email invitations for an event
- From the Course Manager navigation bar, click Events. The Events page displays.
Click one of the following tabs:
- In Progress – For an event currently in progress.
- Upcoming – For an event in the future.
- Click the event that you want to edit. The details page for that event displays.
- Click the Event actions drop-down menu, and then click Edit.
- Navigate to the email template you want to edit and select Override default email text.
- In the text field, enter your customized template. For a list of substitution variables (which are automatically replaced with appropriate values for the event), click the Available placeholders link.
- Click Update event.
- If any errors are detected in your custom template, such as incorrect placeholders or malformed HTML, Course Manager will display an alert message at the top of the event edit page.
- Customizing the email templates for an event won't affect email invitations that have already been sent out. We recommend that you finish customizing the event email templates before you add participants to the event.