Using tags with Course Manager
Use tags to override default behavior in Course Manager events or on-demand labs, or to collect metadata from Course Manager for usage reporting.
- For more information about managing default Course Manager account settings, see Managing account settings.
- For more information about Course Manager reporting, see Course Manager Reporting.
- For more information about linking Course Manager fields to Skytap label categories for Skytap reporting, see Using Course Manager fields for Skytap reporting.
You can apply tags to the following:
- Users – Tags applied to a Course Manager user automatically apply to any events or on-demand labs that the user creates.
- Courses – Tags applied to a course will automatically apply to any events or labs created from that course.
- Events – Tags applied to an event automatically apply to all participants added to the event.
On-demand labs – Tags can be applied directly to an on-demand lab.
- Once you create events and on-demand labs, you can't change which tags have been applied to them.
- If you edit tag behavior, only event and on-demand labs provisioned in the future will be affected.
To add a new tag
- Click Admin > Tags. The Tags page displays.
- Click (New tag). The New Tag page displays.
Type a name for your tag.
You can’t use a tag name that’s already in use.
- To create a private tag, click the drop-down menu next to Visibility and select Private. Private tags are visible only to Course Manager administrators and staff.
- (Optional) To override default event or on-demand lab behavior:
- Select the checkbox next to a setting category under Event settings or Lab settings. The settings in the category display.
Edit each setting to reflect the behavior you want.
- Changing the value of a setting may change the visibility of related settings.
- To keep the default behavior for the settings in a category, clear the checkbox next to the category.
- (Optional) Select the checkboxes next to additional setting categories, and edit each setting to reflect the behavior you want.
- Click Create tag. The Tags page displays with your new tag.
Only Course Manager administrators can create tags.