Creating user accounts
You must be an administrators or user manager to create user accounts. User managers cannot create administrator accounts.
A company account can have up to 7,500 users.
For an overview of Skytap user roles and access permissions, see User roles and access permissions.
Creating a user
To create a user account
In the navigation bar, click Manage > Users.
If the Manage button isn’t visible, your account doesn’t have administrator permissions.
The Users page displays.
Click New User. The New User page displays.
(Optional) If your account is enabled for single sign-on, an Enable Single Sign-on option appears. To validate the user’s login via SSO, click Enable Single Sign-on; to use standard password-based authentication, leave this option unchecked.
Add the following information:
- A valid Email address. Users receive important emails, including browser activation links and usage notifications.
A unique Login name (by default, the email address provided above).
If you are using SSO, the login name must be a valid email address.
- First name
- Last name
- Time zone
- Default Region
- A Department (optional). Assign the user to a department for usage tracking and management. For more information, see Managing departments.
- A User role. For a description of each option, see User roles.
- (Optional) Enable or disable the user’s permission to access public templates and assets, create and view reports, import VMs, export VMs, and more. For more information, see Additional user permissions.
- Click Create New User.
- Skytap sends an activation link to the user’s email address. The user must click the activation link to validate the email address and activate the account. If Browser activation is enabled, the link also activates the user’s browser.
Creating a large number of users
Bulk actions, like creating a large number of users, can be automated through the Skytap REST API.
For example, the Skytap GitHub repository includes a sample Python script and CSV file for creating a large number of users during account setup.
Thoroughly test any sample code before using it in your account.