Archive of 2022 What’s new
Announcements from previous 2022 releases.
The June 2022 release included:
Enhancements to Course Manager event scheduling
You can now optionally configure participant environments to start only on days of the week when class is in session for recurrent events. For more information about scheduling a recurrent event, see Scheduling a recurrent event.
New Switch to VM option for Course Manager Manual commands
You can now display the target VM in the lab end user’s Skytap environment when a command is executed in the Manual. For more information, see Inserting a command.
Enhancements to emails sent by Course Manager
You can now use placeholders in the subjects of warning, instructor-led training, and on-demand lab emails sent by Course Manager. For more information, see Making changes to an account setting.
New Help option in the Course Manager Content Pane Actions menu
Lab end users can now access the help page for the Content Pane directly from the Actions menu. For more information, see Using the Content Pane.
The May 2022 release included:
Enhancements to commands in the Course Manager Manual
You can now:
- Display a command in the Manual as a button or inline link.
- Choose whether the lab end user can click a command in the Manual at any time, until they execute it, or until they successfully execute it.
For more information, see Inserting a command.
Enhancements to Course Manager reporting
Course Manager reports now include Power RAM hours used by Skytap resources. For more information, see Course Manager Reporting.
Updated VM Settings tabs
We’ve updated the user interface for all of the tabs on the VM Settings page.
The April 2022 release included:
New Course Manager event Activity Summary page
The new Course Manager event Activity Summary page provides a summary of Manual activity in the Learning Console for all participants in an event. For more information, see Viewing the event activity summary.
New Course Manager Manual preview mode
When you use the Course Manager Learning Console in preview mode, Course Manager doesn’t record your Manual activity, or display it on the lab end user’s Activity page or the event Activity Summary page. For more information, see Using the Learning Console in preview mode.
Questions in the Course Manager Manual
You can now insert multiple choice or short answer questions in a Course Manager Manual to assess comprehension or completion of lab content. For more information, see Inserting a question.
Blocking for commands and questions in the Course Manager Manual
You can now block lab end users from moving forward in the Manual until they:
- Execute or successfully execute a command.
- Answer or correctly answer a question.
The February 2022 release included:
New Course Manager Activity page
The new Course Manager Activity page provides information about how lab end users interact with the Manual in the Learning Console. For more information, see Viewing Learning Console activity.
Enhancements to the Course Manager Manual
- System commands – You can now insert system commands in a Course Manager Manual. System commands can be executed by the lab end user regardless of whether the target VM has a graphical user interface or whether the user is signed in to the VM. For more information about inserting a command in a Manual, see Inserting a command.
- Inline copyable text – When you insert copyable text in a Course Manager Manual, it now displays inline. For more information about inserting copyable text in a Manual, see Inserting copyable text.
Extend lab expirations in Course Manager
With the Course Manager request portal enabled, you can now allow Course Manager users to extend the expiration of on-demand labs. For information about setting the number of expiration extensions allowed per lab for a user, see Managing users.
Skytap has added public templates for Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2022 and AIX 7.3. For a full list of supported operating systems on Skytap, see Supported operating systems for Skytap VMs.