Improving performance during a browser client session
Use one or more of the following steps to improve the VM performance during a Secure Remote Access (SRA) browser client session.
Use Google Chrome
Google Chrome provides the best performance for browser client users. The browser client uses the Google Chrome WebP image format to reduce bandwidth requirements.
Change the display quality settings in the browser client toolbar Change the display quality during a desktop session to adjust how much bandwidth your connection uses. To adjust the display, click (Network Quality Indicator) in the toolbar and select a lower display option.
What do these settings mean?
- Highest display quality display looks clearer but requires more bandwidth. This is best for users with high bandwidth and low latency.
- Lower display quality settings use more aggressive compression, which causes noticeable distortion within images and around text. Although the image quality is diminished, the connection consumes less bandwidth to provide better network performance.
By default, your VM uses the high image quality setting. The following image shows sample screenshots of the same page at various display quality settings:
- For more information about how to access and use the browser client, see Accessing VMs with your browser.
- Changing the display settings doesn’t change your Good, Fair, or Poor rating. This rating is the quality of your network connection.
- Reduce other connections that may be consuming bandwidth. Close other tabs or applications that may be consuming bandwidth (for example, streaming video or audio). If you’re connecting from home, turn off or disconnect devices that may be using bandwidth (for example, Voice Over IP calls).
- Try to improve your network connection.
- If you’re using a mobile connection or hotspot, try connecting to a wireless or wired connection.
- If you’re using WiFi to connect to the network, try connecting via a wired Ethernet cable instead.
- If you’re using a VPN client, turn it off. The direct connection may provide better performance.
- Work from a different physical location, such as home or a different office.