Applying PTFs to an IBM i VM in Skytap
IBM releases periodically release many types of fixes or PTFs. Skytap regularly updates public templates with the following:
- High-impact pervasive (HIPER) PTF
- Cumulative PTF Packages
- Technical Refresh
PTFs required for IBM i licensing
IBM i VMs must have the following PTFs applied for IBM i license installation to succeed:
- IBM i 7.2 – SI71091
- IBM i 7.3 – SI69686, MF99207
- IBM i 7.4 – SI70544, MF99301
Request PTFs electronically using
This is the simplest and most reliable method to download and apply PTFs onto Skytap LPARs.
To order a cumulative PTF package with the
- Type either
SNDPTFORD SF99VRM, where VRM is the version, release, and modification level of your licensed program. For example, for version 7 release 2 modification 0, type
- Verify the shipping information on the Verify Contact Information display, and then press Enter.
Select option 1 (Send service request now) on the Select Reporting Option page to place the fix order.
For more information about ordering PTFs see Ordering fixes
To install a cumulative PTF package from a physical or virtual device
Read the installation instructions thoroughly and follow the instructions contained in it.
GO PTFfrom any command line.
Select option 8 (Install program temporary fix package) and press Enter. The Install Options for Program Temporary Fixes page displays.
- For the DEVICE option, choose *SERVICE.
- If you want to automatically IPL your system after loading the fixes, type Y (Yes) in the Automatic IPL field.
- If you are not using an image catalog and have additional fixes to install at this time, type 2 (Multiple PTF volume sets) in the Prompt for media field, and install the additional fixes.
- Type Y for Other options. The Other Install Options page displays.
- Type 1 for Apply Type.
- Type 1 for the PTF type.
If you prefer, you can use Skytap contact information for `SNDPTFORD`.
|Contact||IBM i User|
|Address 1||255 S King St|
|Address 2||Ste 800|