Monitoring your usage with email notifications
Email notifications can help you monitor your personal SVM and storage usage at various thresholds (for example, when you reach 50% of your storage usage limit). You can also set up email notifications to be alerted when a VM has been left running.
If you are an account administrator, you can also create account-level notifications to monitor usage against account limits or by certain users. For more information, see Setting up usage notification emails.
To set up an email notification
- Click (Go to your account) in the top toolbar of any page. Your account page displays.
- In the Account Information section, click Edit my notifications.
The User Notifications page displays.
Select a Notification Event.
The Notification Event is the type of usage you’re monitoring. You can select from four options:
- SVM hours usage is – monitors how many SVM hours you’ve consumed.
- Storage usage is – monitors how much storage space you’re currently using.
- Number of SVMs running is – monitors the number of SVMs used by the VMs you’re currently running.
- VM(s) have been running for ≥ – monitors how long each VM in your account has been running.
Enter a Threshold number.
The Threshold determines when the notification email should be sent.
- In most cases, the default threshold is set to 100%. This means you are notified if you reach 100% of your limit for the Notification Event resource (for example, 100% of your storage limit. If you want to receive a notification at a lower threshold (for example, 50% of your storage limit), edit the Threshold %.
- If the Notification Event is VM(s) have been running for ≥ , set a number of hours, rather than %.
- Click Add. The notification is added to your list.
- You can have up to 100 notifications.
- For more information about how notifications are triggered, see How usage notifications are delivered.
- To delete a notification, click (Delete) next to the notification.