Adding a Skytap on IBM Cloud subscription to your IBM Cloud account
IBM Cloud customers can add Skytap on IBM Cloud to their account to migrate IBM Power workloads to the cloud without needing to rewrite or refactor for different CPU architectures. Skytap is a cloud platform for creating, managing, and sharing virtual machine environments.
You create instances of Skytap on IBM Cloud through the IBM Catalog and then manage your Skytap instances in a dedicated web portal or via API. This tutorial walks you through the process of provisioning your Skytap account in the IBM Catalog. Content specific to using Skytap cloud is available on the service landing page once you’ve created your environments as well as in the dedicated Skytap portal.
Select a pricing plan. Skytap currently supports only Pay as You Go.
After you’ve selected a plan, provide the following:
- Service name.
- Resource Group.
- Any Tags you want to define to help organize your service.
Fill in the additional, required information in order to create your Skytap account.
- Select the Regions that you will be using. x86 VMs are included in all regions, Power VMs are included in only EMEA and US-Central.
- Set the Primary Administrator for your account. By default this will be the user creating the account, you can change the user here.
- Set the Billing Contact for your account. By default this will be the user creating the account, you can change the user here.
- Set a Account Subdomain name for your account. This is included in the fully qualified domain name when you use dynamic public IPs.
Click Create this account to continue.
Adding additional users to your Skytap on Azure subscription
You can add additional users to your IBM Cloud subscription. For detailed instructions, see Creating user accounts.